When customer creates a ticket, I don't want to add him as a User

Madhu Reddy November 14, 2018

When customer creates a ticket, He is automatically adding in to the Users.

I don't want him as a user.

I just want him as a customer.

Thanks in Advance

2 answers

1 vote
Madhu Reddy November 14, 2018

Thanks for the Response @Angélica Luz

I haven't found Site administration > ( Site access ) in my JSD.

Let me explain my requirement.

When a customer creates a ticket. Ticket got created, Customer is added into Users list(non-licensed) and also into customers.

So for the next time when the customer creates a ticket through email, Ticket is not creating.       But from portal he was able to create a ticket. 

My incoming mail handler suggests that the user must have application access. I don't want my customers in Application access.

Please suggest a way without giving application access to Customers

Thanks in Advance.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Madhu,

Just to make sure we are on the same page, where did you configure your mail handler?

On Jira we have two options:

1 - Jira Settings > System > Incoming email.
This option is for Jira SW projects. It can be used for JSD projects, but it's not recommended because JSD has its own mail handler.

2 - Jira settings > Projects > Projects > Select the SD project > Project settings > Email requests.
On this page, you can add an email for customers to open tickets. This option is for SD only and accounts created when a customer opens a ticket will only create a customer account with no application access.

Regards,
Angélica

Madhu Reddy November 16, 2018

Thank You @Angélica Luz 

But in JSD Email Requests, We are allowed to create only one mail right !! I want to add 2 mails. Any Suggestion ??

I have processed 2nd option. Everything is fine.

But when I add my customers to the Issue security level. Those customers are not getting a confirmation mail for their tickets. Suggestion Please !

Once again Thanks for previous answer.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2018

Hi Madhu,

It's possible to have two emails, but one of these emails will be projectkey@yourinstance.atlassian.net and the other a custom email address. It will not be possible to use two emails from your own domain.

Related to the notifications, if you added the role "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" to this security level, they should receive the emails. I've tested here and it works.
I found a bug that may be affecting your instance, can you please check the description to confirm if you are following those steps?
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5750
The workaround is to add "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" on issue security.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2018

Hi Madhu,

If your service desk project is set for the customer to create their own accounts, when they open a ticket through the customer portal or email, they will be customers (non-licensed) and not users (licensed).

If users are being created on your instance, perhaps another configuration was set instead of the right one to create customers.

Please, go to Site administration > Site access and check if it's set as "Only invite users can join". If it's not, please change it to this option and save the settings.

If it's correct, all customers that open a ticket will be treated as customers and their accounts will appear on Site administration > Jira Service Desk > Portal only customers. Also, they don't count as a license, because they don't receive any groups when their accounts are created.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer