When createing a linked issue in a Team-Managed Project, copy the linked issue's parent.

David Martinez Moreno April 6, 2023

I have an issue(A) with a Parent (Epic), when I create a linked issue(B) I want an automation which gets the Parent(A) to the newly created issue(B).

I am in a Team-Managed Project.

Thanks.

D

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

Hi @David Martinez Moreno , 

I do not think that this is possible as the Parent field do not appear in the list of Edit issue action.

David Martinez Moreno April 10, 2023

Indeed, it is not possible. It is incredible that Jira is unable to do program such a simple task. It forced me to go around some Janky methods to achieve this. I had to clone the issue(A) and automate the edditing to get all the fields of issue(B).

I am quite disapointed with Jira's limitations.

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hey @David Martinez Moreno ,

Just keep an eye on these upcoming changes: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/ 

I guess that once the epic link becomes the parent link, then you will be able such automation :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events