When Trying to import CSV file cannot find Issue type in the field mapping

Hi Experts
When trying to import issues from csv file - 
on the import wizard cannot find the field issue type in the dropdown if the jira fields
Can you please advise?
Thanks
Naama

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

What do you mean "cannot find the field issue type"?    Is it not appearing in the "map TO" drop down?

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for your replay - pls see below the details

1) I go to Issues->Import from CSV File

2) Choose a file and click Next

3) I choose the project and click Next

4) on the Map Field Windows : I would like to map the issue type however I cannot see it in the drop down list

Thanks

Naama

It should appear (almost) at the top of the list. Can you check that you have more than one issue type in the project, and that the column you are trying to map is complete - no blank lines in it at all

Hi Nic, I have more than one issue type in the project, When i am running the same wizard from the administration panel , I can see the issue type - However I would like this option to be available to the users as well... Can you please advise? Thanks Naama

Hi Nic, When I am trying to import through the administration panel I get the following error: Error importing issue ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-8547538591012086323, summary=RUM Engine setup & configuration, issueType=10102} However I cannot see the problem in my CSV file... Thanks Naama

Aah, I see, it's not the full importer. No, you can't do issue type in there, it's fixed

You'll need to read the log for more detail on that error, it's not enough to diagnose where the problem is.

Hi Nic, Sorry I didn't understand you answer... Users cannot import issues? and map the issue types?

Hi Nic, Can you please let me know - Users cannot import issues from csv and map it to issue types? Thanks Naama

I have the same question,,,the tool is relatively useless if users can't map issue type in the importer version found in issues tab. Also noticed they cannot import comments and reporter. There could be more...

Helllo sumtotal - I logged a support case and the problem was configuration of my default create issue screen... (witch I am not using...) Cheers Naama

Hi, Can you import the issue type now? I am having the same problem here. Thanks!

Hi Wei , It was a configuration of one of my customize screen that prevented the import, it didn't has - 'issue type' on the 'create issue type screen' Cheers Naama

Hi Naama,

Could you please let me know how you resolved this issue in steps, so that even we could implement the same.

Cheers.

It seems that there are two kinds of CSV import:

a) Issues -> Import issues from CSV.

This is "not the full importer" (Nic Brough) but a kinda crippled variant where you cannot set issue type.

The documentation includes issue type, which might be a mistake in the documentation and contribute to user confusion.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-764478441.html 

b) Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > Import

This is the full importer where you can set issue type, and is explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html

The issue key mapping is currently not available via Issues->Import issues from CSV, please vote for this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62865

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

121 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you