The problem is as below
1. The story is created and assigned to a developer [Status: New]
2. User Story point are allocated as per estimation [Status: New]
3. Developer starts working on the story [Status: In Progress]
4. Developer moves to [Status: Code Review]
5. Developer changes the Assignee to QA [ Status: Ready for QA]
6. QA works on it and closes it [Status: Done]
problem statement: how do I track the effort of QA and DEV separately if that is possible in terms of Story Points when one story/task is moved between DEV and QA as all tasks finally end up in QA bucket
Hello @Karthik Giridharan ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Story points should be an estimate of TEAM effort to complete a story, including development, QA, and deployment.
I wouldn't try to try to divide up story points between different efforts.
I also include this interesting article: https://medium.com/contino-engineering/you-are-using-story-points-wrong-how-to-make-story-points-suck-less-c641c34ce63#7ed1
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events