What's the best way to require login on every page?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

I'm interested in securing paths in our Jira & Confluence installations so that there are no anonymously available URLs that will load. 

This means all unauthenticated requests will redirect to the login page.

I don't know if any special considerations will need to be given for TrustedApps.

I poked around Jira and seems there's an actions.xml file where I can specify role-required in several areas. There also seems to be a way to do it via Seraph, and use seraph-paths.xml to define it. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Johnson April 5, 2018

Hey there, I found your question while looking for similar myself.
I believe this may be what we are looking for.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65521

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Good find! I'll have to give it a try. I'll need to double-check all the path patterns it protects.

Still looking for similar option with Confluence.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2018

Do you mean if someone just types a url to an issue or report it will open without being logged on? Unless you've set permissions to 'anyone' that won't happen. 

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2018

I mean I wish to guard pages which are open to anonymous users. For example, look at all the Jiras in the wild. I know it's not exposing internal information, but it's still data I don't want exposed to anonymous users.

https://www.google.com/search?q="AboutPage.jspa"

Suggest an answer