What is this Service Desk workflow transition property servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

I see this property (without a value) on some transitions in a workflow that is visible from the customer portal. Maybe all other transitions have it, I have not checked.

Any idea what it means?

Thanks

2019-03-19 10_32_24-Transition Properties - Provide response - APPSUP_ FRI Service Request workflow .png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Hey Amir,
my answer might be a bit late but I just began digging into Jira service desk / management.

Both workflow properties servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution and servicedesk.customer.transition.active are related.

If you are in the workflow's diagram view and select the affected transition you have the option Show transition in the customer portal. Once you enable the option (servicedesk.customer.transition.active = true) you get an overlay windows asking you what should happen with the resolution. Depending on the option you select different values are written to servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution.

Option Property value

Do not change resolution

(null)
 Clear resolution  -1

Set resolution to value, e.g. Done 

resolution id, e.g. 11

Cheers,
Patrice

Roland Uittenbogaard June 13, 2023

In addition, I found that if you have set servicedesk.customer.transition.active to active and servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution to -1 it should clear the resolution when you use that transition (in the portal).

However, the resolution will only be cleared if the transition is done in the portal. If you transition the ticket not in the portal, but directly in Jira, the resolution will not be cleared!

0 votes
Shawn L August 16, 2019

When you set the option to make it accessible to the customer it adds those transition properties by default.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

If memory serves it is used to set the resolution value when the customer transitions an issue from the portal. I’m mobile at the moment making it more challenging to confirm. Search the docs or google the term it should show up. 

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2019

Well, not in my case - the specific transition does not set the resolution. And I did search Google, Atlassian docs and the forums - only then I posted the question.

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2019

Also, if the property does not have a value, how is the resolution set? The only way is by using a post-function

Suggest an answer