What is the name of my custom field?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Hello,

I would like something similar to: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/147620/add-column-to-list-of-sub-tasks

My customfield is named "OTAP" and it has radio buttons.

I wanted to add this column to the subtask-area, but JIRA says that field OTAP is invalid".

I tried looking up in a search what the name of my customfield could be, but when I try to check it in the searchOTAP is not applicable for the current project and/or issue types. But I have nothing else checked or selected to search/filter on.

So, what's the name of my field, where can I find it and why can't I choose it in the Search? I can add it as a column in the resultst of the search...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2014

For dding custom fields to the display, from memory, you need customfield_12345 - where you replace 12345 with the id of the field (you can get that by looking at the edit/configure links for the field on the list of customfields)

I'm not sure what you're saying about the search - are you using simple or advanced? Have you got a searcher associated with the field? What context does the field have overall?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Nic,

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for and it was no problem to fill it in.

About the second half of the question: Issues - Search for issues - Basic search: More - OTAP. And then try to check it. JIRA puts in a red explanation mark (see attachment) and the message is shown in black/white around it: "OTAP is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type"and you cannot check it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2014

Ok, that does mean what it says. You've selected a project and/or issue type for which OTAP is not valid.

Check what it says in the list of custom fields, I expect you'll find OTAP is limited to a a couple of issue types or handful of projects. Find one it is valid for and select that in search, then try OTAP again and you should see it work.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Hi Nic,

Yups, it was only limited to 4 out of 5 issue types. And yups, when I selected one of those issue types, I could also check OTAP.

Good to know this, wasn't expecting this because the filter/search in JIRA is so easy and open :-)

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Suggest an answer