We are just deciding as a company to take on JIRA Portfolio to add to our existing compliment of tools. however i have just seen JIRA Align .... not wanting to make a mistake when acquiring tooling... what are the differences? and is Portfolio being 'sunsetted' - cheers
Short answer: Jira Portfolio is focus on small number of team (less than 20 - maybe) while the newly announced Jira Align (after Atlassian acquired AgileCraft) is more on connecting from top level strategy to a bigger amount of teams.
You should contact Atlassian to make sure you get the right product for your company and should use as a trial before you make a decision.
I just attended the Atlassian conference last week, looked into this topic and here's my take on it.
1) Atlassian was throwing out the number of 500 users as a benchmark. If you are under this, it may be more likely that Portfolio will work for you, if you are above this mark, Jira Align might be better. They acknowledged this is not a hard and fast rule, but more of a way to gauge at a high level where you might land.
2) portfolio has a much smaller feature set.
- You can forecast schedules based on velocity and estimated work and a few other factors like dependencies and any hard dates you might have on your efforts.
- you can do "what if" scenarios to calculate what happens to your schedule (e.g. Add another team member, reprioritize your work. You can see what your schedule looks like before committing the change.
Aaaand . . . that's about all portfolio does. It has some reports and stuff, but this is the main functionality.
Jira Align does a ton more (and is a ton more expensive.)
- Dependency visualizations
- more and better reports for everything
- "rooms" to collaborate at different levels of a program
more at https://agilecraft.com
@Allan Flatoff I'd agree with point 1. However there's more to Portfolio than just the forecast scheduling and scenario planning. These include things like:
We're working hard to make Portfolio a planning tool that is both powerful and simple to use. If you're willing, I'd love to set up some time to chat about how we can improve, and the biggest gaps you feel the tool has.
We were interested in this feature as well. However, as far as I understand, this functionality has been removed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/future-releases-and-limitations-953663163.html
Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud: Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events