What is the best add-on to migrate jira server to jira cloud ?

Chris Scheepers April 28, 2022

Heya Peeps,

I am looking to do a cloud migration for a client from Jira server to cloud and need to almost do a lift and shift for a lack of better explanation.

I see there are some apps available , but not sure they do everything I need . Im currently looking at Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ) - anyone use it before ?

I need an add-on that will migrate everything, from comments, attachments, custom fields , request types, workflows etc from server to cloud.

Does such an app exist ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Chris Scheepers ,

You can always use the native JCMA, however you will require manual configuration depending on your current apps and setup.

I would say there is no app yet that will do everything for you and manual work si required at some stages

0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2023

Hi @Chris Scheepers ,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Simple you can use JCMA to migrate the Jira server to cloud. This is recommended by the atlassian , In JCMA all the feature are available as compare to other migration tool So try to use the JCMA to migrate the Jira server. One more thing, If you are facing any issues then Atlassian also supporting on that.

Accept the answer If it helps you😑

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

Suggest an answer