What happened to Notification Helper?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Does anyone have more info about this. Since the latest update with the notifications, Notification Helper is totally gone. Maybe I have missed the docs.

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

@Perisic Nikola 

The Notifications Helper is being deprecated. The announcement is here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Jira-Notifications-Hub-EAP-What-s-changed/ba-p/2543661

Thanks to @Matt Doar  for finding that link and reposting it.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Perisic Nikola , thanks for your question. I was still able to pull up Notification Helper using the '.' shortcut. Have you tried this?

image.png

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

@Valerie Knapp hi, thanks for the answer. Yeah it does appear there, but it was also available within the System -> Notification helper, right below the Permissions helper. I wonder what happened with that.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2024

lol, who knows. Glad you have a workaround

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

Yeah, one user has a different problem. They have same access with me and with the dot it doesn't show it at all..is it a glitch?

Rani Choura
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

This work around is not working now :(

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2024

@Rani Choura see  @Trudy Claspill 's reply.

The function has been removed.

2 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2024

@Perisic Nikola 

It's gone on all sites I have access to. Surely must be a bug as they have absolutely zero reason to remove the feature?

Cannot access it via search nor direct navigation.

Permission helper is still there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events