What email address does JIRA administration send from when it send out new user account invites?

M_Justick at SmartRG December 17, 2019

Customer of ours (SmartRG) is wanting to know the email address and email domain of the JIRA administration function that sends out the invites to join to new users we admins create. What is that email address is the question of the customer (they wish to see if their server / services are blocking that for some reason since they are not receiving their invite, including after re-creation of their account). Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Don Masten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

If you're an admin, create a new account with your email address. You can deactivate the account after you get the email.

M_Justick at SmartRG January 13, 2020

Your answer is a bit confusing, and I know how to create a JIRA user account. Let me re-clarify. I am what our site is calling both an org and site admin, and so I suppose I should have said "wanting to know the email address and email domain of the JIRA administration function that sends out the invites to join to new users we site admins create".  So, can you just give me a link that will take me to where this information is on my specific instance (i.e. link takes me to a screen within JIRA that shows exactly value of the email source email address within our Atlassian portal that sends these 'new user' invites to the customer - e.g. is it jira_administration@atlassian,net ... is it that? I've no clue as I know not where to find that info!). I ask this, once again, as I need to be able to tell them what the exact adminstration email address and domain are they should NOT filter / not block. The person the invite has been sent to is asking what, exactly, to allow at their email service / filter service (recipient) end! Thanks, in advance.

Mark Justick July 1, 2020

Anyone?

Mark Justick July 1, 2020

For incoming email to end 'user' customers sent from JIRA administration, where that is sending invites to new users created, what email address(es) / domain is that customer supposed to allow as safe sender/safe domain so that they don't inadvertantly block such an email? This is in regards specifically to the SmartRG JIRA instance. Thanks

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2019

In Server, you should be able to setup it yourself, It will be the Outgoing email handler.

Double check if it is actually setup in the instance.

In Cloud, Atlassian already provided the Outgoing email by default - if you want to customize the Outgoing email, I would suggest to use an add-on preferably JEMH for Cloud.

M_Justick at SmartRG January 13, 2020

I am not trying to set up anything. See below reply response from me - I replied to Don Masten's response.

Suggest an answer