What does this mean: Error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/issue/attachment/AttachmentZipKit$FileCriteria

Mette Pilgaard November 4, 2014

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2014

Hi Mette,

This is actually a bug in the latest version of JIRA Agile in Cloud - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11412.

There are two workaround mentioned in the bug description which you can follow to avoid this error while it is not yet fixed.

Cheers,
Matheus

Mette Pilgaard November 4, 2014

Thanks a lot smile

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2014

Anytime! :)

0 votes
Diane Doucet November 6, 2014

We are experiencing the same problem.

Regards,

Diane

0 votes
Martijn Kamminga November 4, 2014

Hi Rodrigo Girardi Adami and Martheus,

We've and our customers and company users experience the exact same problem here in the Netherlands on your online server of Jira. 

It's not exactly that you open an attachement, it just gives that error. 

And an update of the java version to v8 25 did not resolve the issue.

Kindly I would suggest to pick this up rather quickly, because my believe is that this is a globally effected issue.

Best regards,

Martijn Kamminga

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2014

Hi Mette,

This seems to be a problem with Attachments. Can you give us the background of this issue and if there is any behavior you are seeing with confluence?

I recommend to check if this error happens in other confluence as well. It might be some local issue.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer