• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

5 answers

1 accepted

The error is normally caused by a post function in the Create Issue transition.

To troubleshoot:

1. Find the workflow used by the Issue Type in question
  2. locate the "Create" transition
  3. check the Post Functions for problems

Sometimes a post function requires a plugin that is disabled or a postfunction is positioned on top of "Create issue originally" and has problems on runtime, thus the issue can't be created.

If post functions look ok, contact support at support.atlassian.com

Cheers!

Correct but not entirely correct.  

In my case the post function was set correctly - the problem was with the the custom field configuration.  I resolved the issue by identifying why a field was not displaying in a screen.  From there the rest was easy. 

However it would be far better to have a non ambiguous message saying exactly what the problem was.  I sat here for 10 minutes before copying the error message and googling it. 

Hello!

How have you found it out?

Were there any errors in log that indicated this trouble?

I'm facing the same message now, and I have no idea where to look.

Best wishes, Andrey

Hi Guys,

Thanks for pointing at reason for the issue.

I verified that postfcuntions and plugin used were proper.

But the background indexing was not going further due to index file corrupted. Hence I did "Lock JIRA and rebuild index". 

After reindexing it worked again.

How reindexing is related to postfunction using some plugin.

Thanks in advance,

Regards 

Rupendra Soni

Hello everybody!

I've caught similar error and catched error in log file - jirasoftware310517123036-stdout.2017-06-16

That's it:

com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Can not assign issue to nonexistent user: waiting.

waiting was my fake user, mentioned as default assignee in project setup.

I've change project setup to have no default assignee (UNASSIGNED),

deleted user "waiting" - and got this error.

I've created it again, and everything is working now.

But I still have question - what's wrong with project setup? It's still no default assignee, but all new issues are assigned to "waiting"

Help me pls :)))

Dear Team, 

I am facing a simmilar problem, I am traying to copy the value of a Project picker field and to another.

But is not possible due to the fact that this is a advanced field in JIRA. 

So before show the information JIRA modify the string to a kind of html hypertext.

Also the same message errors aperas. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,996 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot