It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
  • Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

7 answers

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2016

The error is normally caused by a post function in the Create Issue transition.

To troubleshoot:

1. Find the workflow used by the Issue Type in question
  2. locate the "Create" transition
  3. check the Post Functions for problems

Sometimes a post function requires a plugin that is disabled or a postfunction is positioned on top of "Create issue originally" and has problems on runtime, thus the issue can't be created.

If post functions look ok, contact support at support.atlassian.com

Cheers!

Thanks, Indeed it was a post-function!

Thanks! It was " is positioned on top of "Create issue originally" "

Like Matt Hessler likes this

This was exactly my issue.  Thanks for posting this.

This really helped. Thanks team. 

Ran into this as well. Post function steps using JSU don't seem to do well if they are before "Create the issue originally" function. I haven't seen issues with other plugins like JWT however, I would think that in most cases the first post function should be "Create the issue originally"

Thanks again!

Correct but not entirely correct.  

In my case the post function was set correctly - the problem was with the the custom field configuration.  I resolved the issue by identifying why a field was not displaying in a screen.  From there the rest was easy. 

However it would be far better to have a non ambiguous message saying exactly what the problem was.  I sat here for 10 minutes before copying the error message and googling it. 

Hello!

How have you found it out?

Were there any errors in log that indicated this trouble?

I'm facing the same message now, and I have no idea where to look.

Best wishes, Andrey

Hi Guys,

Thanks for pointing at reason for the issue.

I verified that postfcuntions and plugin used were proper.

But the background indexing was not going further due to index file corrupted. Hence I did "Lock JIRA and rebuild index". 

After reindexing it worked again.

How reindexing is related to postfunction using some plugin.

Thanks in advance,

Regards 

Rupendra Soni

Thanks, I solved same problem by reindex.

Awesome, you are welcome.

This error can also appear when a drive on the server fills up that Jira relies on. 

That's what happened to us.

Hello everybody!

I've caught similar error and catched error in log file - jirasoftware310517123036-stdout.2017-06-16

That's it:

com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Can not assign issue to nonexistent user: waiting.

waiting was my fake user, mentioned as default assignee in project setup.

I've change project setup to have no default assignee (UNASSIGNED),

deleted user "waiting" - and got this error.

I've created it again, and everything is working now.

But I still have question - what's wrong with project setup? It's still no default assignee, but all new issues are assigned to "waiting"

Help me pls :)))

Dear Team, 

I am facing a simmilar problem, I am traying to copy the value of a Project picker field and to another.

But is not possible due to the fact that this is a advanced field in JIRA. 

So before show the information JIRA modify the string to a kind of html hypertext.

Also the same message errors aperas. 

We have the same issue

In all cases I am seeing a duff post function. These include

Null "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners" entry
Clearing the resolution status before the step "Creates the issue originally"

We started to see these errors after an upgrade (from v7.1.9 to v7.6.4) and I suspect that the bad post functions were simply ignored in the earlier version.

I have no way of finding if other workflows have the same issues, I have to sit back and wait for complements from the users.

Turned out one of the plugins was not working.  Stopped and started the plugin and all came back to life

Which plugin was the cause of the issue?

It was one of the scripting plugins (apologies, we have 5 of them and I don't recall which).  There was a post rule that sent an email.  The plugin (or this part of the plugin) was disabled and the post step failed.  Disabling/Enabling the plugin fixed.

Dear team,

I've caught same error

Error 400
We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file. 

I have a simple Java code in Github which has 3 test cases out of which all 3  will fail. I have a Maven project in jenkins which will create issues for failed tests while building the project. I'm using JiraTestResultReporter plugin. I have Jira credentials in Configure System Page in Jenkins. Even when I select the "Auto Raise Issues" option, Issues are not getting created. However I was able to create issues from Test results page in Jenkins(So i think communication is not a problem)manually by clicking "+" next to failed test. but after clicking on create new issue link the above error message is displayed.

Q1. Why my issue is not getting created automatically..

Q2. Why am getting Error 400 message when click on create new issue link

Note:All my post build functions are correct as for i know.Jiraintegration error.jpg

pic for your reference

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

1,045 views 16 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you