Want to automatically add link to confluence page where an issue is mentioned

Joseph Meeuwsen December 7, 2021

I made a page in Confluence, and within that page pasted a link to a Jira issue in a Software project. I want a link to the Confluence page to be automatically created in the mentioned Jira issue. I don't want to have to manually link to the Confluence page containing the mention.

I have enabled the Space Settings < Integration in Confluence. I am an admin for both the Confluence space and Jira project. I had it working how I wanted with a different Jira Business Management Project. Then I decided to switch my project type to a Software project, and now it's not working when I create new issues and mentions.

Why is the Confluence page not being automatically mentioned in the Jira issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Meeuwsen December 17, 2021

I tried again after about a week and it is now working as I want it to. I think maybe it sorted itself out after a few days. The Jira project was brand new when I first tried it, if that matters.

0 votes
Dave Kachman May 31, 2022

Just stumbled upon this post as this is happening to me. 

It was working really well as recently as a week or two ago for me... but then today I edited a whole bunch of pages on Confluence, added the //jira mentions on them... all linking to the same JIRA ticket... but when I go to the jira ticket, none of those instances are mentioned like it used to. 

I came up with these two links that describe this issue from the past (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Jira-automatic-mentions-are-broken-in-the-new-Confluence-editor/qaq-p/1274106 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73258). 

This indicates that this type of issue has happened before and was supposed to be resolved. 

I will check in on it after a couple of days like the post suggested and see if it maybe resolves itself with some background process. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Joseph Meeuwsen , when I insert a Jira issue (pasted link or jira macro) there is a mention link added to the Jira issue. can you confirm your process and share screen shots?

Joseph Meeuwsen December 8, 2021

1. I created a Jira issue called "An unanswered question".1.PNG

2. I pasted a link to the Jira issue in my Confluence page and published the Confluence page. 2.PNG

3. A screenshot of the Jira issue after step 2. No mention link was created.3.PNG 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Is this a screenshot from the full detailed issue view, not the view you get when clicking on Kanban card. I note this appears to be a TMP project so I test that as well and it works as well…

C7F68DCA-107D-4127-ABE1-1735264E99DA.jpeg

I accessed the issue by clicking Issues in the left panel, then clicking the Issue Summary in the list of issues. This brought up the full detailed view, as shown here:4.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2021

Thanks for that. If you use the link button in the Jira issue can you link to your confluence page? 

Yes. But my point is that I'd prefer to not have to do it manually.

5.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2021

Understand. I just wanted to see if there was some permissions issue. I haven’t run into this but will see if I can determine the cause with a bit more research.

Like Joseph Meeuwsen likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events