Jira automatic mentions are broken in the new Confluence editor

Andrey Isaev January 17, 2020

The Jira ticket no longer shows where it is mentioned in Confluence if the page was created in the new editor.

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically

Should I embed the link in some special way instead of copy-pasting the link or this feature is no longer working in the new Confluence page template at all?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Andrey Isaev ,

The described behavior is a known bug tracked as:

A possible workaround is listed in there:

Workaround

Click the Pages option, on the top of the issue, and then in the drop-list button of the pages option in the JIRA issue and the Confluence page will be listed there. Then, select the page and manually link it.

Please vote for the above bug ticket and set yourself as a watcher so that you will be notified in case of any update/progress. The bug will be addressed according to the Atlassian Cloud bug fixing policy.

Cheers,
Dario

Andrey Isaev January 21, 2020

Thank you Dario, I voted for the bug.

The suggested workaround does not work for me however due to another bug:

Untitled.png

It will link only when I manually copy the URL and link the URL to the Jira issue.

Also, it seems to be working if I use Jira macro instead of copy-paste, but I'm not sure that it's faster than manual link by URL.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Andrey Isaev ,

I am not sure I have a correct understanding of what you mean with:

It will link only when I manually copy the URL and link the URL to the Jira issue.

On my side if I just click on "link to page" and then I start typing I get a list of pages containing the string I entered in the search box:

link-conf-page.jpg

Therefore, can you kindly confirm the steps you are following to get the error and the ones to make this work?

Also:

1. Do you have more than one Confluence site linked to your Jira?
  2. Can you connect to the given URL from the browser
  3. Are you using a Next-Gen or a Classic project? 
  4. If you open the browser developer tools and you try to re-link the page, can you get any more information about what is failing?

Please let us know.

Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

Hi @Andrey Isaev ,

Forget my previous message, I believe I have found the bug you are mentioning:

Can you kindly confirm this is the case?

Andrey Isaev January 24, 2020

Yes it is. And the workaround is the same as I found.

Though my original issue was about the pages not linking automatically when you mention them in Confluence without the macro.

But I guess this is just another feature missing in the new editor that we have to bear with and use workarounds.

Like Dario B likes this
Vangelis May 10, 2022

The bug says it is fixed but it is still happening for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events