Viewing values entered on workflow screen transitions

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2021

Hi 

I have a mandatory field on workflow resolution transition. I made it mandatory using behavior.

Now when I view the screen, where do I see the value entered in transition screen.

If I add that custom field on the issue screen it is making the field mandatory on create screen itself.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Abe

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

Hi @AbrahamA

You probably made the field mandatory in the field configurations which means it's always mandatory. What you need to do instead is to use the workflow validator explained here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Regards 

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2021

Thank you. This solved my problem.

Suggest an answer