Viewing the issue page: hide fields, show fields?

Ken May 15, 2014

Is it possible to configure the display of content in the "Details" section for viewing an issue?

1. I do not want to see fields that I do not use: Priority, Resolution, Fix Version/s, Affects Version/s...
  2. I want to see fields I do use: my custom fields and some standard fields.

JIRA documentation leads me to believe I can do this.

It seems reasonable that the feature would be part of JIRA.

JIRA forums leads me to suspect that I cannot customize the display for viewing an issue and that the feauture will not be added to JIRA anytime soon.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9802

If it is possible to do the customization that I am asking about, please direct me to documentation that shows me how to do it.

If it is not possible, please direct me to documentation that confirms that all the configuring screens and schemes documentation does not apply to the page one sees when one navigates to an issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2014

The field configuration allows you to hide fields. Create one hiding the fields you don't want to see and apply it to your project. The field configuration scheme allows different configurations per issue so you can have priority show in some issue types and not in others for example.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2014
This is not a 100% fix. Some fields will still show when hidden, if they had data before you hind them. You won't be able to add more data though, so of this doors happen, unhide them, kill the data, hide them again. Also, do NOT hide resolution. You need it unhodden and onscreen until you have edited your workflows to set it automatically.
0 votes
Ken May 15, 2014

Thank you for the information. This answers my question.

By configuring the hide/show settings in the "View Field Configuration" interface, I am able to "hide" and "show" the fields that I want on the issue view page.

I was reading the hide/show toggle backwards. It would have been easier for me to grasp if the labels were hidden/showing. I wanted to hide a field so I clicked on the "hide" link to hide it; however, clicking on the "hide" link makes it show and does not make it hidden.

Suggest an answer