View issues not touched by assignee in 2 business days

Asher Francis April 4, 2023

Hi

I have been asked to create a widget on a dashboard which shows an agent all tickets they haven't touched in 2 business days. This needs to only include office hours.

My initial thought was to use the solution here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-track-if-the-assignee-has-updated-an-issue/qaq-p/1801766

However, i only want the counter to count down in business hours (eg 9-5 Mon-Fri) so I'm thinking that the best way to do this would be through and SLA, using a similar JQL query from the linked answer above

The only thing is, once the assignee updates/comments on the ticket, it needs the SLA to start counting down again. 

Anyone know how I can do this please? I do not want to use a third party add on.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Asher Francis 

Have you thought about making creative Automation rule/s for this and maybe use more statuses in the workflow, since you want to use Jira OOTB?

The rule/s can also add a label or update a field. Then you could build filters and have different gadgets on a dashboard to represent 0-4 hours, 5-10 hours, etc.

HTH,
KGM

Asher Francis April 4, 2023

Thanks Kristjan, I think the things I am struggling with the most are:

1. Having it only count down in business hours

2. Having it reset when the agent adds a comment/updates the issue

If it wasn't for the business hours I could do this with automation and a custom field

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Ah, I see. Sounds like a recipe for a 3rd Party App :(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events