View issue screen fields

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to hide a default field (components/ affects versions) so it will not appear in the view screen. The view screen displays all the default fields by default, changes to the screen configuration only affect the custom fields display. From the documentation:

"The 'View Issue' operation only allows you to control the layout of custom fields in the middle of the 'View Issue' page. The 'View Issue' page ignores all the non-custom fields on the Screen."

I know I can hide the field completely but I want this field to appear in one project and not in another. If I hide it, it will not appear in any project. I realize I can create my own custom field to replace the default one and use it in the project I need, but this seems an awkward workaround.

Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Alon

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2012

If I have understood this correctly, you have a project (or set of projects) that don't want to use components and/or versions?

That's not a problem - leave the screens alone, and move on to field configurations - copy the current one to one called something like "hidden versions" and hide versions in that, then apply it to the projects that don't need the fields. Even though they can use the same screens, it will hide versions.

Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

Nic was first for a few seconds :) - he exactly right and give a more "wide" answer

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

Your'e right. I thought I tried it and it didn't work but now I tried again and this solves my problem.

Thanks !

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

yep
you can create different field configurations for different projects and hide field you want in some of them

Suggest an answer