View a custom field in the issue page, but not in the screen.

MarcoC January 16, 2013

Hi!

I have created a new custom field called "Aggregate status", that rappresent a value depending from the status of the issue...

In my workflow there are 15 "Statuses" (created in Issue > Statuses) and 5 "Aggregate status" (custom field):

STATUS_1, STATUS_2 and STATUS_3 have the same AGGR_STATUS_1

STATUS_4, STATUS_5 and STATUS_6 have the same AGGR_STATUS_2

I set in the workflow, the post-function to set the value of "Aggregate status" depending of the Stats where I'm going.

If I put the custum field in the defaul screen, when I create the issue, i can see it in the screen where I'm compiling the field of the issue and in the page of the issue; if I remove it form the screen, I can't see it in the screen (and this is OK for me..) but also I can't see it in the issue page.

What can I do to see the custom field in the Issue page and not in the screen??

Best Regards,

Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2013

Hi Marco,

You'll need to create a screen that will be used to display the fields in the Issue View page. If you wish, you can just copy the default screen and then remove the "Aggregate status" from the copied screen. Then, you'll need to "Associate this screen with the Issue View Issue Operation".

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

I'm a little confused here - what do you mean by "screen" and "page"? In Jira, there is no real difference between the terms - you define a screen and that determines what custom fields are shown to the users in a browser page.

Do you mean you want to see the field on "view", but not on "create" or "edit"? If so, then have a look in the docs for "screen schemes".

Suggest an answer