User not sending notifications

Augustin Luton January 15, 2021

Hi,

I have one specific user that can not send notifications, the only one in my instance. Whatever the user do (creating, updating, commenting...)

- This is not a problem of permission scheme and notification scheme. One other user with exactly the same permissions and roles can send notifications.

- This is for all projects and all permission scheme.

- My notification helper is telling that the user can send notifications, the user belongs to allowed roles.

- There is no mails blocked in Mail Queue.

- Server logs are telling that there is no outgoing email.

What could it be please?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

Hi @Augustin Luton

thanks for the great debug in advance - very useful.
There seems not much left to do to test, but just to confirm as this is happening more often than one might think: when he is commenting on an issue the mail is expected to appear in the inbox of a colleague, right?
Being not notified about own changes users tend to expect an email triggered and sent to themselves while the standard setting is to not get notified about own changes.

You mentioned the notification helper and that it attested to user it can send. This confuses my a little as the notification helper usually is only capable of telling if a user can >receive< an email based upon one of the described events.

When you say there is no mail going out I'd personally neglect any spam filters until there are more insights (mail likely was never generated thus the spam filter should be not the one to blame here).

Please let us know what you have found out.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Augustin Luton ,

please don't think other , in my starting days , one of my user created a rule to move all Jira mails into trash and Spam.

Can You please check this once again, any jira emails in Spam or trash.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events