I have one specific user that can not send notifications, the only one in my instance. Whatever the user do (creating, updating, commenting...)
- This is not a problem of permission scheme and notification scheme. One other user with exactly the same permissions and roles can send notifications.
- This is for all projects and all permission scheme.
- My notification helper is telling that the user can send notifications, the user belongs to allowed roles.
- There is no mails blocked in Mail Queue.
- Server logs are telling that there is no outgoing email.
What could it be please?
Thanks for your help!
thanks for the great debug in advance - very useful.
There seems not much left to do to test, but just to confirm as this is happening more often than one might think: when he is commenting on an issue the mail is expected to appear in the inbox of a colleague, right?
Being not notified about own changes users tend to expect an email triggered and sent to themselves while the standard setting is to not get notified about own changes.
You mentioned the notification helper and that it attested to user it can send. This confuses my a little as the notification helper usually is only capable of telling if a user can >receive< an email based upon one of the described events.
When you say there is no mail going out I'd personally neglect any spam filters until there are more insights (mail likely was never generated thus the spam filter should be not the one to blame here).
Please let us know what you have found out.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events