User can not create sprint in Jira Cloud

Rohan Nishantha November 4, 2019

One the exisiting project board does not allow to create Sprint. These users were able to creared Sprints  in the same board, few weeks ago.  I had check their role/ project access privilages  and all seems fine.  As  Site admin I was able to create sprint without any issue. 

Can anyone advise me how to resolove this matter.  

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Rohan Nishantha

If the user could create sprints in the same board a few weeks ago, I'm going to assume they had the permission "Manage Sprints" for their project?

A good step past permissions is to check the filter and the filter results - look for:

• Whether the filter specifies a project (or a new project)
  • Whether the filter outside the board could contain issues outside of your project(s)
  • Whether the results within the board have issues from other projects

^ As the board is just a representation of your filter, if your sprint board has issues from "other projects" which the user does not have "Manage Sprints" permission for, then his sprint management access will have been removed.

If this is the case - you'll need to either:

• Limit the filter to ensure only issues from your project(s) appear
  • Give the user "Manage Sprint" permissions in every project which is (or could be) on the board

Ste

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for your recomendation. I will check out the projects premission first.

Regards 

Rohan 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi @Rohan Nishantha ,

Can you check in board filter whether it consists other project issues and issues are Order by rank or not.

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi Avinash. 

Thank you for your quick response. In the Board setting - Filter Query  is order by Rank ASC , ranking - using rank. I just removed the order by Rank on filter Query, still not able to create sprints.

Regards 

Rohan

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2019

Hi @Rohan Nishantha ,

Revert back filter same to Rank and confirm whether you have included any other project ( to which user may do not have access) issues in filter board. Also check permission for user with issue for manage sprints.

please replace your jira url in below.

https://your jira url/secure/admin/PermissionHelperAdmin.jspa

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 7.43.15 AM.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer