User access to issue types based on variable fields values

Andrew Williamson May 2, 2024

Hey there,

I have a possible use-case that I need some guidance on regarding making particular Software project issues and issue-types visible to different groups of users based on:

1. Issue type
  2. a variable flag/field within that issue

To super simplify this, let's say I have issue type "Bug", and that issue type has a custom field "Flag" with drop-down options 'yes' and 'no'

I have two user groups:
Bug-fixers-yes: Should have visibility of and access to Bug issues with Flag == Yes

Bug-fixers-no: Should have visibility of and access to Bug issues with Flag == No

I believe I can manage access to Bug issue types using Issue Security settings. But I'm unsure on how to manage access to issues based on field values within a particular issue...

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Williamson May 2, 2024

An additional requirement actually, i'm going to edit the above scenario

To super simplify this, let's say I have issue type "Bug", and that issue type has a custom field "Contains Confidential Data" with drop-down options 'yes' and 'no'

I have two user groups:
Confidential-Data-Users: Should have visibility of and access to Bug issues where 'Contains Confidential Data' is either Yes or No

Non-Confidential-Data-Users: Should have visibility of and access to Bug issues where 'Contains Confidential Data' == No

Suggest an answer