Use of Create Action Ticket

dawn.leonard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hi, our goal for context: We receive jira requests from users into a Support jira board. If required to come to our Backlog, they are tagged and then closed, and the relevant details added to a new ticket that we create on the Backlog (a separate jira board). This is done because our sprint work must be logged on the Backlog board, but it frustrates users who cannot see progress of their ticket anymore. No further updates are given on the original ticket as all work is performed on the Backlog ticket.

---

In a previous role, we utilised the 'Create Action Ticket' function, so if a ticket was received which required input from another team, we would select that team within the 'Create Action Ticket' dropdown. This would automatically create a new ticket on the other team's board, and then any comments on the original jira after that time would be automatically shared between the tickets.

I am considering replicating this functionality in a new role but am struggling to find any documentation on how to set it up. Can anyone please help?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hello @dawn.leonard 

I'm not aware of, and am not finding documentation for, a built-in "Create Action Ticket" function. I don't work as much with Service Management as I do with the Software product, so I may have missed something.

You could definitely replicate the functionality using Automation Rules.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

You could have a rule that is triggered automatically by a change of status or a change of value in a specific field in the source ticket, with the action of the rule being creation and linking of the additional issue.

You could alternately make it a manually triggered automation rule where your team would proactively trigger the creation of that additional issue. The user would find the rules that could be triggered manually by clicking on the Actions button in the source issue:

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 1.58.52 PM.png

dawn.leonard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

Hi Trudy! Thankyou for your reply - I think you are right, automation would make sense and would explain why I cannot find this functionality mentioned anywhere. I will take a look and see if I can replicate the previous automation rule. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events