Use a modal dialog instead of issue detail sidebar in board and backlog

I am working with a team to transition them from Trello to using Jira Cloud with a Kanban board. They are used to seeing issue details in a modal dialog in Trello, rather than in a sidebar as Jira does in the backlog and board views. The modal dialog in Trello had more screen real estate to show everything, and coming from this, the Jira sidebar seems very compressed with low visibility of fields.

Is there any setting (or plugin?) that allows the sidebar issue detail view to be changed to a modal dialog/popup instead?

3 answers

1 accepted

This feature is currently available on boards for Jira Core (Business project types).

The good news is that we are also working on rolling this out to all Software Kanban and Scrum boards over the coming months.

It's unfortunately is not available to everyone yet, but stay tuned — it should be coming to all Software project boards soon.

You can read more about the new design at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html.

In old Jira (version 4.x) issue detailed view was in modal dialog if you opened via greenhopper's board.

But in newer Jira this was moved to the sidebar.

It would be useful to set some checkbox in board's settings so every user can decide if wish modal dialog or sidebar. On small screens sidebar is totally unusable.

Useful.

I've had the opposite problem:

Our JIRA software site/projects just got updated to use the modal dialog, but I liked the sidebar.

It's nice to be able to switch it back.

Yes, it would be useful to make Jira details board view on modal.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

340 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you