Use JNDI connection with Groovy in Service Desk workflow

Hi,

I have a groovy script in the post function of the Create transition that connects to an external DB through JNDI using the below code.

import javax.naming.Context
import javax.naming.InitialContext
import javax.sql.DataSource
37> Context initContext = new InitialContext()
38> Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env")
39> DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/MyDS")

It works perfectly if I create the issue using the normal JIRA interface.

But it gives me the below error when I create the issue from the Service Desk interface

/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/create/167 [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: PROJ-xyz, actionId: 1, file: 
/usr/local/jira/scripts/myscript.groovy
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory 
[Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory]
at myscript.run(myscript.groovy:37)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.ChainingClassLoader.loadClass(ChainingClassLoader.java:65)
at com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 1 more

Is this a compatibility issue between the Script Runner and Service Desk?

Thanks

Graziella

2 answers

0 votes

That code throws the same error when run through the script console, so although service desk seems to often cause problems, I don't see it's the cause this time.

What version of JIRA is it?

JIRA 6.3.10, SD 2.3.3, Script Runner 3.0.9

I thought it was the SD given that if I open the issue through the normal interface the script works.

I use the same code in many other groovy scripts that I run in other workflows, and all of them works, the only difference here is the SD... !!

What do you think it can be the reason?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,936 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you