Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use Epics for Business Projects

Hello everyone,

I just created a new JIRA project for our business and corporate topics.

I used the SCRUM template (we are a game development company, comfortable with SCRUM) but when I select "Business" as Project Type, then I lose the ability to use epics.

Instead, I just get a basic Kanban board with no possibility no group stories/task by epic/topic.

Is there any other way?

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 answer

If you wish to use the Business type then the default settings are slightly different to that of a Software type, so as you have noticed, you will lose issue types such as the Epic and the Scrum boards.

You can modify the project settings once created to add the Epic issue type back in, and manually create a Scrum board if required.

Hi Steve,

I've added epic and story to my issue types in my business project. But I can not find the way to actually create them in Business project - how do you do it?

If they have been added to the project in the settings ( updating the available issue types ) and have a workflow assigned, then the epic/story should be available in the drop down list when creating a new isssue.

I think I figured that out finally... Though it needed a lot of screens and fields adjustments.... But thank you!

FYI - I had to add field "Epic Name" to Issue Creat screen and other screens acordingly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you