Upload App

Sam Naylor May 14, 2019

Hello! I cannot find the upload app feature in the settings portion of my JIRA instance. This is what I can see:

Capture1.PNG

The instructions I'm trying to follow are these ones here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-add-ons-273875715.html

1. From the top navigation bar in your application, choose > Add-ons or Manage apps.
  2. Click the Upload add-on or Upload app link at the top right side of the page.  
    The following dialog appears.

Thank you!
SN

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

The document you have there is mostly for Jira Server, but you are on Cloud.  On Cloud, you don't "upload" apps, you subscribe to them, and it looks quite different.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-apps-776830283.html is a better guide to apps on Cloud

Sam Naylor May 14, 2019

Thank you! Is it at all possible to upload server apps? I'm looking for stacked bar-chart. :) The only one I can find thus far is "server based".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

No.

Technically, there are some server apps you can add to Cloud - these is a (shrinking) list of things you subscribe to that Atlassian install/enable for you.  You still use the subscription model to get to them, so it doesn't really matter. 

I'm afraid Server apps do not function on Cloud, and Cloud apps can't be installed on Server.

Kevin Murphy March 26, 2021

Thanks Nic. I need to export a project from a trial version of Jira to a licensed, corporate version. The trial version is cloud based. I'm trying to find Project Configurator for Jira Data Center so I can export then import the project but I'm not having any luck.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2021
0 votes
Chris Jason
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2023
  1. Es tut mir leid zu hören, dass du Probleme mit der aktualisierten App hast. Hier sind einige Schritte, die du möglicherweise unternehmen kannst, um das Problem zu lösen:
  2. Prüfe, ob es bekannte Probleme oder Inkompatibilitäten mit der aktuellen Version der App gibt. Du kannst dies auf der Website des App-Entwicklers, in Support-Foren oder in der App-Beschreibung im App Store nachsehen.
  3. Versuche herauszufinden, ob es eine Möglichkeit gibt, zur vorherigen Version der App zurückzukehren. Manche App-Stores bieten diese Option an, falls eine Aktualisierung Probleme verursacht hat. Das ermöglicht dir möglicherweise, vorübergehend auf die ältere Version zurückzugreifen, bis das Problem behoben ist.

Suggest an answer