Confusingly, there are actually two methods of importing csv data into JIRA.
I'm guessing you're not able to map status because you are using method one?
Another option to update issue statuses in bulk is to use JIRA's 'Bulk Change' function:
There's some help from Atlassian here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-776997757.html:
How to transition multiple issues
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you'd like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Transition Issues, and select Next.
- Select the available workflow action. The actions available are dependent on the issues (and their associated workflows) that you have selected. Select Next.
- Select a value for any required fields for this transition, and if available, decide whether you'd like to send email notifications. Select Next.
- Review your bulk operation, and select Confirm when you are happy with the operation.
I hope this helps.
CSV import can be be used to update issue status, if you:
JIRA will recognise this, and update existing issues matching the Issue Key from the CSV file.
Yep, it just changes the value. It's a good question, because you do have to be a cautious of difficulties related to this.
For example: if you use CSV update to change to a status that would normally set a resolution on the issue, it might not work as expected. Status would be updated, but resolution would not be set.
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs