It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Updating a Status Title in a Workflow

I am attempting to simply change the title of the status "Pending Estimates" in my Workflow to "Pending" and am receiving the error message, "A status with that name already exists, please enter a different name." Within this workflow, there is not another status with this title and I have also spent time looking at all other "Active" Workflows as well and have not been able to find one. Thoughts? Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote

Hello Lesa,

It's possible that you have a created status with that name that is not linked to any workflow or the Linked Status has not the same name as the status defined in the workflows.

You can check it by navigating to JIRA Settings > Issues > Statuses and checking if the status you need is not already listed there.

1 vote

The list of available status is global, not local to your workflow.  So I suspect the global list already has a status of "pending", so you can't rename another status to that.

To use "pending", edit the step of the workflow and select the pre-existing "pending" status

Hi Nic! how r u doing? I am having just the same issue.. :/  how do I select the pre-existing status? 

What i did is similar, changed the status name from "TO DO" to NEEDS DEFINITION ...I want to change it back but doesn't let me...  and by being in the workflow view I simply don't find how to change the status (name) to  a pre-existing one... :/ 

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Lucio Lara

Hmm, you should be able to change the status name back exactly as @Petter Gonçalves  says - admin -> issues -> status

In the workflow view, edit the workflow, and in the graphical view, click on the status, which will then throw up a box where you can change it.

If that's not working, could you explain what exactly is blocking you?

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

885 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you