Update imported issues missing fields

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Hi,

We imported data from our previous bug tracking system into Jira. Now we noticed that values of two custom fields are missing. Is there a simple way to update the missing fields?

I tried using the command line to run from csv file using

jira --action runFromCsv --file

and in the file I used updateIssue, but it tried to edit the issue and this fails sometimes because of permissions and validations, so using this will require a lot of changes before it can run smoothly.

I also tried running the regular import from csv, but I could not get it to update an existing issue.

I’m thinking of making the changes directly in the DB, but prefer not to use this unless there is no other way.

Is there a better way to do this ?

Thanks,

Alon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2012

We ended up writing our own plugin to support updating of existing cusotm fields that were importred to JIRA.

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2012

Hi Alon,

Regarding this symptom, I'd like to know which version is JIRA running?

Therefore I maybe indicate some plugins in order to achieve this importing correctly.

Additionally, I dug some KBs related to this similar symptom:

Also, I'm wondering if you have checked into atlassian-jira.logs, in order to figure out some error message that could clarify the root cause, because I found two KBs talking about some error messages in atlassian-jira.logs:

I hope it can help a little bit.

Cheers

Suggest an answer