We imported data from our previous bug tracking system into Jira. Now we noticed that values of two custom fields are missing. Is there a simple way to update the missing fields?
I tried using the command line to run from csv file using
jira --action runFromCsv --file
and in the file I used updateIssue, but it tried to edit the issue and this fails sometimes because of permissions and validations, so using this will require a lot of changes before it can run smoothly.
I also tried running the regular import from csv, but I could not get it to update an existing issue.
I’m thinking of making the changes directly in the DB, but prefer not to use this unless there is no other way.
Is there a better way to do this ?
Regarding this symptom, I'd like to know which version is JIRA running?
Therefore I maybe indicate some plugins in order to achieve this importing correctly.
Additionally, I dug some KBs related to this similar symptom:
Also, I'm wondering if you have checked into atlassian-jira.logs, in order to figure out some error message that could clarify the root cause, because I found two KBs talking about some error messages in atlassian-jira.logs:
I hope it can help a little bit.
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs