Update custom fields value

Francesco Amoroso May 17, 2017

Hello,

I have migrated JIRA from 6.2 to the 7.3 version. I was using Jelly Services to update the values in my custom fields every 60 minutes from another DB.

I'm looking for a solution to replace those jelly services with another service but I don't find anything.

My goal is to have a script that will run every 60min and will pick up informations from my DB with SQL and add changes in my custom field directly in JIRA, without creating a new custom field.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

If you still need to do the update every 60min:

Francesco Amoroso May 18, 2017

Thank you for your answer ! 

Yes I've tried databasecf add-on but I have to create new custom fields and I have to use absolutely the existing custom fields. 

I have Script runner add-on but I don't know how to translate the Jelly script code in groovy.

For example I have that jelly code:

(I'm totaly lost with the atlassian classes and methods)

<sql:query var="valuesToAdd">
<!--My select SQL Query-->
</sql:query>

<!--options activées mais n'existant pas dans la table de référence-->
<sql:query var="idOptionsToDisable">

<!--options désactivées mais existantes dans la table de référence-->
<sql:query var="idOptionsToEnable">

<core:new className="com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor" var="componentAccessor"/>
<core:invoke on="${componentAccessor}" method="getCustomFieldManager" var="customFieldManager"/>

<core:invoke on="${customFieldManager}" method="getCustomFieldObject" var="customField">
<core:arg type="java.lang.Long" value="10163"/>
</core:invoke>

<core:invoke on="${customField}" method="getConfigurationSchemes" var="fieldConfigScheme"/>
<core:invoke on="${fieldConfigScheme[0]}" method="getOneAndOnlyConfig" var="fieldConfig"/>
<core:invoke on="${componentAccessor}" method="getOptionsManager" var="optionsManager"/>

<core:forEach items="${valuesToAdd.rowsByIndex}" var="row">
<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="createOption">
<core:arg type="com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfigImpl" value="${fieldConfig}"/> <!--Field config-->
<core:arg type="java.lang.Long" value="${null}"/> <!--parent option id -->
<core:arg type="java.lang.Long" value="${null}"/> <!--sequence-->
<core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="${row[0]}"/><!--value-->
</core:forEach>

<core:forEach items="${idOptionsToDisable.rowsByIndex}" var="row">
<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="findByOptionId" var="optionToDisable">
<core:arg type="java.lang.Long" value="${row[0]}"/>

<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="disableOption">
<core:arg type="com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option" value="${optionToDisable}"/>

<core:forEach items="${idOptionsToEnable.rowsByIndex}" var="row">

<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="findByOptionId" var="optionToEnable">
<core:arg type="java.lang.Long" value="${row[0]}"/>

<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="enableOption">
<core:arg type="com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option" value="${optionToEnable}"/>

<core:invoke on="${optionsManager}" method="getOptions" var="options">
<core:arg type="com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfigImpl" value="${fieldConfig}"/>
<core:invoke on="${options}" method="sortOptionsByValue">
<core:arg type="com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option" value="${null}"/>

Suggest an answer