Update Resolution

Danielle Cantrell May 2, 2023

I'm trying to update the resolution in the workflow.  I used to be able to do that in a post function in the transition but it appears that I can no longer do that.  Basically I have a ticket where resolution is marked as done but we had to reopen it for further work but I can't seen to get rid of the "done" resolution no matter how I move the ticket through the workflow.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi, @Danielle Cantrell  - welcome to the Community! Can you post some screenshots of your postfunction options? I've checked on two different instances and I still see the option to clear a field value.

post1.pngpost2.png

Danielle Cantrell May 11, 2023

I was able to fix it.  Thank you for your help

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

I'm glad you got it figured out, @Danielle Cantrell . If this answer helped, please consider marking it as Accepted so other users can find it when searching with similar questions. Thanks!

Victoria Vlad February 2, 2024

Hello @Esther Strom . Can you please tell me how to do this? I too re-opened a ticket in JSM and need to remove the "done" resolution but don't know how to. I've included a screenshot of my workflow (I have a number of custom statuses I am using).Workflow screen grab.JPG

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2024

Hi, @Victoria Vlad 

Assuming you have access, an easier way to do this is with an automation rule. There are two ways you can do this: add a rule that runs whenever an issue is transitioned from a closed status (one with a resolution) back to a non-resolved status; or a rule that can be manually run on a single ticket that needs to be fixed.

Either way, you'll start with this:

Go to Project Settings -> Automation and choose Create Rule.

createRule.png

Then follow these actions for a transition rule:

trigger.png

For the next step's From Status you'll need to choose every status that has a resolution; leave the To Status blank (or choose all of your statuses that shouldn't have a resolution.

trigger2.png

editAction.png

addaction.png

addFields.png

Leave the Resolution dropdown empty

fieldValue.png

next.png

The Next button will always be gray; that doesn't mean it's inactive.

turnOnRule.png

If you want a rule that you can run manually on a single issue, it's pretty much the same process except you choose Manual Trigger from Issue as your trigger.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events