• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to use JIRA add on in Google sheets

Hello Team,

I have been using the JIRA add on in Google sheets for a while now, it's absolutely great. However, for the past weeks I am unable to use it effectively. When I try to run a query to get more that 500 tickets I get the error 'Hmmm ... looks like we stumbled a bit, please try again or contact Atlassian support if the issue persists'. Can someone please help me with this, as I need this on a regular basis.

Thank you in advance.

Mohammed Malubhoy

image.png

7 answers

3 votes

Hello @Mohammed Malubhoy ,

I am a Dev from the Jira AddOn in Google Sheets team. We believe this error may be related to the Google Sheets Cell size limit. If during your import, it fails, and your Google Sheet currently has over 5,000,000 cells, the import will not complete, as Google Sheets will not allow for any more cells. If you are able to run the import in a brand new, empty sheet, it should complete. Otherwise, if your import is containing results too large, it may continue to fail.

However, if this is not related to your problem, and running the import in a new sheet did not help, please reach out to us via the in application feedback (Top Left Menu icon --> Give Feedback) as this will allow us to provide much more detailed and personalized help with your issue. 

Regards,
Grant

Thank you for getting back to me @Grant Apodaca .

I tried reducing the headers and line items to keep the cells under 10000, but I am still getting the same error. Maybe I am doing something wrong (But it was working until recently). I have raised it via 'Give Feedback' per your suggestion. Hopefully will get a resolution soon on this.

Regards,

Mohammed Malubhoy

Hi @Grant Apodaca ,

I tried the given suggestion but I am still facing the same error.

Raised a ticket "PIF-1862 sheets-jira : bug" via 'Give Feedback' option. Please resolve this issue.

1 vote

Hello @Mohammed Malubhoy ,

Thanks for bringing this up, and we have picked up a few errors on the backend that we believe are related to what you are seeing.  Our Dev teams are looking into this now and I will give you an update when we have more info.

Regards,
Earl

Hello - we are coming across the same error (Hmmm ... looks like we stumbled a bit, please try again or contact Atlassian support if the issue persists.) in our Google sheets. We noticed this today (3/27/20) but were previously able to use this about two weeks ago without this error (3/13 through 3/16). We've tried updating the formulas but the error is persisting.

This happens in cells that we are using formulas for and it's on each sheet within the document (9 sheets total). I'm not sure of the total number of cells we have on this. We are using Jira cloud.

Rachel,

We are sorry to hear you're getting the same error. If you can please submit these details via the in application feedback (Top Left Menu icon --> Give Feedback), that's will allow us to provide much more detailed and personalized help with your issue, as it may or may not be related to the topic of this post. 

Hi Grant - thank you for the feedback. I'm not seeing this icon within Jira or Confluence (not sure if this is because I'm on cloud or not). Should I create a new question within Atlassian Community?

@Rachel Beam - The option is available in Google Sheets.

'Add-ons' -> 'JIRA Cloud for sheets' -> 'Open' -> 'Give Feedback', and you will get the options in the attached image.Capture.PNG

<iframe></iframe>

Thanks @Mohammed Malubhoy submitted through JIRA Cloud for sheets give feedback.

I'm experiencing the same issue for two days.

I'm having the same issue. For a workaround you can still use `=JIRA()` formula and it will populate the results in the cells below and right to that starting from that cell.

Try to clear browser cache

Can you please fix this issue

Tq-xgfc91b809ad1cc19594fad83438a9b45b5

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you