Unable to update done status as closed

Manasi Pardeshi January 21, 2020

Hi Team,

Resolved status is available in the Jira project workflow. however, it is not counted in the Jira dashboard. its issue happening when we migrated from the old Jira portal to a new portal.  could you please guide on the same as due to this my Jira dashboard count for raised vs resolved is showing the wrong graph which means that Tema is not working sincerely, however, the issue is we are unable to count the done tickets in resolved 

3 answers

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Manasi Pardeshi 

Bulk edit resolution

What you need to do is bulk edit the issues, but you need to edit the workflow first.

I don't know if you are using done or closed or resolved as an end status, I'll write the example in with closed but it's all the same.

1. Add a new transition from CLOSED to CLOSED and name it Done Fix on this transition add a post-function that sets the issue resolution to DONE

2.  publish the workflow, you can save a copy 

3. Go to issue navigator find all issues that are in status CLOSED and resolution is Unresolved

4. In the top right corner, you will see Tools click on that bulk change

5. Select all issues

6. Choose transition issues -> choose Done fix

7. Choose not to send an email for this change if it offers

After you do this bulk edit you can remove Done Fix transition from workflow, that transition was necessary for fixing the error via bulk edit, future/new issues won't have this problem since you set the resolution before CLOSE.

BR, Olga

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Manasi Pardeshi

To confirm, the issues are in:

• A done status (green)
  • A resolution
  • A resolution date/time set

You mention you migrated recently - can you let us know what migration you made?

Ste

we are migrated from old jira portal to new jira portal. prev all done  tickets have green flag same am trying to add in existing jira but when i add flag its color is red

How can i give green to the done status

Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi Manasi,

Go and Edit the Workflow and then go to the Done status and Edit.editstatus.PNG

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Hi @Manasi Pardeshi

I'm not quite sure what you mean by green flag and red flag - what version did you migrate from?

For simplicity, I would make the resolution be set in a green status (i.e "Done") - this is controlled through your workflow steps - see here for details on workflows and how to set them.

As for the resolution, you can either:

• Set this via the workflow - on the page linked above look for the section "Setting the resolution field" for more information
  • Request the resolution is set to "Done" via the board, if you're using a simplified workflow. On your board, go to Options (3-dot icon) > Board Settings > Columns and check the box in the status you want the resolution set in. If the box is missing, you're not on a simplified workflow.

Ste

I already added status in the field and in workflow state is already added as close

Status is done but resolution is still unresolved how can i change it resolveScreenshot from 2020-01-21 17-31-20.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Hi @Manasi Pardeshi

Did you try either of the resolution-adding options I suggested above?

Ste

I updated The transition stated in my workflow. I wanted to know can i update Resolution field as resolved in bulk for my all existing jira which are in unresolved state 

0 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi Manasi,

The issues that are not count have resolution set?

yes

Suggest an answer