Unable to trigger the rule for multi-select field change

Prasad Shiraskar March 26, 2021

I'm writing a rule to trigger whenever there's a new value selected in the multi-select field. I tried using this smart value {{fieldChange}} but still no luck. Here's the screenshot.

Please note that since it's a multi-select field... the requirement would be to trigger the rule whenever a new value is saved to the field. That's the reason I'm using the If-Else block.

Field Change Rule.png

2 answers

2 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2021

Hi @Prasad Shiraskar , you need to use ID of the option. I just tested following automation and it works correctly for multichoice select field:

Selection_195.png

Prasad Shiraskar April 21, 2021

Hey @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ How do I get the ID of the option?

Prasad Shiraskar April 21, 2021

Hey @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I was able to get the ID of the option.

But it's not executing the "ELSE" part.. it's just executing the "IF" part even if the field changes to the other value which is mentioned in the "ELSE" part.

Here I want to trigger different email each time a new value is added to the multi-select field on the issue.

- Prasad S.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Hi @Prasad Shiraskar , can you share your current configuration? I will check it and let you know :)

Prasad Shiraskar April 22, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ Thanks for your response. Please see the screenshot of our configuration.

Multi_Select Picklist Automation.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

Hi @Prasad Shiraskar condition looks fine, but I think you need to use {{fieldChange.to}}, not {{fieldChange}}.

Can you try it?

Prasad Shiraskar May 26, 2021

Hey @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I tried your suggestion but it's still not executing the "ELSE" part.. it's just executing the "IF" part even if the field changes to the other value which is mentioned in the "ELSE" part. I even tried to change the condition from "contains" to "equals". This time the rule did not execute even once.

I want to trigger different email each time a new value is added to the multi-select field on the issue.

Please help

- Prasad S.

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2021

@Prasad Shiraskar Check it , if it helps :- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Setting-a-multi-select-field-based-on-the-parent-Jira-Project-on/qaq-p/1487997

"customfield_11448" : [ { "value": "option1" }, { "value": "option2" } ]

or

"customfield_11448" : [ { "id": 10112 }, { "id": 10115 } ]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events