Unable to start sprint due to date format issue

Hugh Macfarlane October 18, 2018

I am unable to start a sprint due to date format issue. Every time I try I am told that the date, inputted by the date picker, is in the incorrect format.

In an attempt to fix this, I manually entered the dates and times to exactly match the format of the error message and was told that the start date was before the end date. It was not. I experimented with transposing date and month (US to Aus) to no effect.

I have read multiple community posts - most dating back > 2 years ago, and none of the fixes have worked.

I have also reverted the date format in look and feel to default, and then used the date picker. This inputted dates and times in a format different from the look and feel settings. The error messages and date picker both appear to have ignored these settings. I manually inputted the dates and times to match the new settings - ignoring the error messages - and this didn't work. Neither did entering these dates to match the error messages.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mamer_atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2018

Hi Hugh,

Please make sure that you have consistence formats for both Javascript and Java under System > Look and feel and System > General configuration > Advanced Settings

More information on this on the following KBs:

Best regards,

Muaamar

Hugh Macfarlane October 19, 2018

You, Sir, are a legend. Thanks Muaamar. That did the trick.

Suggest an answer