Unable to see Team timesheet and add permissions to Tempo team

GarethW February 4, 2014

Hi,

We created 4 teams in Tempo and just created a 5th but we are unable to access the timesheet view for the team.

Also, we are unable to add permissions to this new team (assume this could be the problem). The input field allows us to type in a user and group but will not permit us to save the value that's entered.

Our global permissions for Tempo all reference the administrator group.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Gareth

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hi Gareth,

To view the Team timesheet, you need to be Team lead or have the "Approve Timesheet" permission for the Team. (See also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEAMS/Configuring+a+Teamand child pages).

As you can not edit the Team permissions, can you confirm if you have the "Service Desk" plugin installed. This plugin can cause this problem and Atlassian has informed us that they will release a fix for it after the weekend.

As a workaround, in case you have this plugin, disable it while editing the Team permissions.

Kind regards,

Susanne

GarethW February 4, 2014

Hi Guys,

Yes the Service Desk plugin was installed. As we're not using it, I've disabled it for now.

Thanks for your help.

Gareth

Marc van Nuffel June 30, 2014

Hi Susanne

I have the same problem and i could not fix it. Service Desk was to try out installed but i disabled it and the permissions are still fuzzy .. any idea ? We have Jira onDemand, should i contact the Jira Support ?

best regards

Marc

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Hi Marc,

can you give me some more information about the problem you have. Is it connected to the Team permission, accessing the Team Timesheet or the data displayed in the Team Timesheet.

Regards,

Susanne

Marc van Nuffel July 1, 2014

Hi Susanne

Got the Answer in the new Timesheet version there is new the permission level on a Project means i had to set that under projekt -> administration -> roles ..

regards
Marc

Victor Bracamontes July 26, 2017

@Marc van Nuffel, which permissions did you set under the Project?  Can you provide the exact steps?  I'm having the same issue.  

Thanks, 

Bruce Goins May 16, 2019

I am having the same issue.  I cannot add a user to the Approve Timesheet role. When adding his name in the permissions page under team and click 'update' the page doesn't store the entry.

This resource is already an approver on a different Tempo Team so it shouldn't be a permissions issue.

We are on Jira 7.2.6 and do not have the Service Desk add-on installed.

Any help would be appreciated

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2019

Hi @Bruce Goins ,

Can you please add information about the Tempo version you are using as there was a problem with adding users to Team permissions some time ago. 

In case you are using Tempo Timesheets 9.x  (Planner 6.x), can you please create an issue for this in our Tempo support system (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better investigate this.

The .log and .har file when reproducing this problem might be helpful.

Regards,
Susanne
Tempo team

Bruce Goins May 16, 2019

Hi Susanne

We are currently using Tempo 8.1.3 and like I said, we do not have the Service Desk add-on installed.  If you need me to create an issue, I can do that as well.

Thanks

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2019

Hi @Bruce Goins 

This is very likely the same problem that was fixed in Tempo Timesheets 8.5.x and happened when any of the users that had a permission in the team was inactive in JIRA.

Can you please update to this ( or a later version ) or check the users that have permissions in this team. Make sure that all the users that have permissions are active in JIRA.

Regards,
Susanne

Bruce Goins May 16, 2019

Hi Susanne

That did the trick.  There was a user that was inactive that was in the Approve Timesheet permission page.  I removed the inactive person and my issue was resolved.

Thanks so much for the help!!

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

Hi Gareth, do you have JIRA Service Desk installed?

Suggest an answer