Unable to see Requests in jira service management requests portal

Lakshmi S March 20, 2023

Hi Team,

We are not seeing any open or closed tickets in jira service management customer requests. We are jsm 5.6.0 version. I have checked Security schemes, resolution everything. Everything is good. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

jsm.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Lakshmi S 

Can you confirmed that each issues you are expecting to see on the portal has a value for Customer Request Type field ?

Sometimes it happen when someone delete the request type on the portal.

Regards

Lakshmi S March 20, 2023

Hi @Florian Bonniec ,

Yes, my requests has Request type, the value is password reset.

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Are you able to create new request from this type in the portal and see them ?

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Hi @Lakshmi S 

Can you see the ticket on the Jira side (not the Portal) that this Customer has created in the Portal?

Does this particular Customer have access to the JSM project in question?

Has this particular Customer created a ticket in the Portal?

HTH,
KGM

Lakshmi S March 20, 2023

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

Yes we can see the ticket in jira side, not in portal requests. Yes I am admin of the jira, I have access to all projects, and also same for all users.

Yes, I created ticket in the portal.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Hi again @Lakshmi S 

Thanks for the answers.

So you, as a Customer, user created the ticket and you can see it on Jira side but no on the Portal side. And there is no Issue Security on the ticket. And you are for sure logged into the Portal as the same Customer user as created the aforementioned ticket?

Is your Customer user in the Role "Service Desk Customers" on the said Project?

Does your Permission Scheme give "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" permission to Browse the Project?

HTH,
KGM

Lakshmi S March 20, 2023

Yes, we have all. Users were added to "Service Desk Customers" in the project role, and "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" permission to Browse the Project.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

@Florian Bonniec raises a good point.

@Lakshmi S  you can also try to reindex the JSM project, since you are on a Server, and see this is a weird index thing.

Best of luck,
KGM

Lakshmi S March 20, 2023

This weekend we upgraded jira to 9.6 and full reinexed the system.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Thanks @Lakshmi S  and did this problem start after that?

Is your Jira Service Management running version 5.6?

Best, KGM

Lakshmi S March 21, 2023

Yes JSM running on 5.6, but I got complaint from users 2 days before jira upgrade. We were on 4.22.6

Kristján Mathiesen March 22, 2023

Oh. I would suggest you go to Atlassian support with this issue. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best of luck

KGM

Suggest an answer