Unable to search confluence kb from issue create screen in Jira Service Desk

I was able to setup a link between my JIRA Service Desk project and a Confluence space.  I am also able to search the KB after the issue is created from the view issue screen. There are 2 things that I see missing. 1. Why can't I search the KB BEFORE I create the incident?  Suppose I find the answer and want to immediately have access to the information before I create the incident?  2. How can I create a link between the Confluence article and the Service Desk incident after I click on Search Knowledge Base from the view issue screen? I can search but see now way to "link" the article back to the incident.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Gerry Tan Atlassian Team Oct 12, 2016

KB searching at creation time is supported via portal create request screen (eg: <instance>/servicedesk/customer/portal/5/create/35). Also ensure you have correct licensing setting.

image2016-10-13 9:38:13.png

This widget could not be displayed.

I've been able to find the More -> Link to create a link to a confluence article.  I would still like to know the answer to question 1 and understand how it creates the Related Knowledge Base Articles link.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you