Unable to restore data in jira Edited

Hi,

I am migrating Jira from one server to another and trying to restore the data. but it gets failed at 96% while reindexing. Kindly help ASAP. its a prod instance.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

0 vote
Peter DeWitt Community Champion Sep 25, 2017

Debasruti, how are you migrating the data? What is the error message?

I have taken back up from my old jira n placed that file in my new jira restoration path. While restoring it fails at 96% when it tries to reindex. It doesn't give any error. It just stucks at 96% but the time shown is not stuck. It is still moving. I waited for 3hours n still its 96%. Do I have to wait more or its wrong??

0 vote
Suhas Patil Community Champion Sep 25, 2017

Check if the backup file is copied correctly. Compare the size of the file on the new server and the original backup file on the old server. 

if they are not same then it has not copied correctly.

Both the file size is same .

Is it failed or not failed but stuck? in question you said it is failed.

What it shows in the logs? is it moving? progress in the reindex? 

It might take time. For our instance it takes usually 90-100 minutes for reindex.

It was stuck for more than 3hours. Then I reloaded the page n when I logged in it says restoration failed while reindex

I think you should be able to start jira and try full re-index and see if that works..

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

229 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you