Unable to modify create transition

James Mackey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2021

Hi - I have 2 statuses in the to do status category. However, when I try to modify which status the create trigger automatically loads into, I am unable to. Can someone please advise

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.37.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-28 at 10.37.36 AM.png

2 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi James,

It looks like someone has been renaming statuses in this team managed project.  Right now, the create transition appears to be directed to a status called Blocked.  However I believe that even that status was once named To Do and was renamed by someone at some point.  In my own Cloud site, I can't change the behavior of which status that create transition goes to in a team managed project.

However it's unclear to me if you actually should be able to change there that create transition lands or not.  The error message would tend to indicate it could be to any status that is of a 'to do status category', but the actual behavior here does not currently follow that and instead only points to the original to do status (even if it has been rename).

I created a bug about this behavior because this doesn't feel right.  You can see that bug ticket over in JSWCLOUD-21519.

In the meantime, the only way I could see to work-around this would be to first rename your existing To Do status to some other name, and then you can rename the blocked status back to the 'To Do' name.  However be aware that changing this status name will then change across all issues in that project that have that current status.  That could obviously cause some confusion among other users of that project.

I hope this helps,

Andy

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi James - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We have seen other posts like this several times. It is a suspected bug in Team-managed project workflows. 

I suggest you open a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Then please post back here with the resolution. 

James Mackey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2021

@John Funk that's the first place that I went to open the issue, but my team is unable to open support tickets. If you've seen this bug multiple times could you open up a support ticket from your side please? It's killing my team's workflow, and if multiple others are reporting, I'd assuming it's killing a lot of workflows :) 

Suggest an answer