It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to hide Custom Field in Edit Screen Edited

Hi I have a Edit type Custom Field, which i am using for section divider, but when i am trying to hide that field using by name or field ID i am unable to do it. i have added the field screenshot below.custom field.PNGcustom field 1.PNG

1 answer

Hello @J Manas Kumar

Where are you trying to hide your field? What fields that are showing on an issue is based on some different aspects in which the basic ones are:

• Is the field on the corrects screens?
  • The field configuration for the issue type
  • Does it contain any value? (otherwise it will be hidden in the view screen)

So I would take a look at those aspects and get back to me if you have any questions. I found this link about the Message Custom Field (for edit). I'll put it here in case it's useful.

Best regards,

Alexander

Hi @Alexander_Ling 

actually i have created custom edit field to use as a section divider, so under the section divider i have some fields, in the edit page of an issue i am able to hide those fields but unable to hide the Section Divider field. 

For reference i have added a screen share , here you can see when my project type == agile , i am able to hide SDLC fields but the SDLC section field i am not able to hide.

Yes it has a value , i have added in field configuration in value field = "<h3><strong>SDLC Requirements</strong></h3>".

this HTML code i have added , so that the section could get a name.So here you can see that how this is happening, i mean fields are hidden but the section is not hidden, i even tried with GetFieldByID and Name, but nothing seems working.

sdlc.PNGsdlc 2.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you