Unable to get a variable to post in a comment using Automation

Maegan Burleigh May 10, 2023

We have a project that we are currently using for triage only. Tickets come into this project and when the triage is complete, an automation clones the ticket into the appropriate project to be investigated and completed. 

Sometimes folks will come back to the original ticket to leave a comment, and when they do a triage person is left to copy that comment and paste it onto the new ticket.

I have created an automation to do this for them, but what I really want to include is a link to the cloned ticket, so that folks without a service desk license (almost all of our customers) will get a notification telling them to leave all of their comments on the newly created ticket instead of the original ticket. 

I created a smart value for the cloned ticket, but no matter what I do the comment automation does not include this in the comment. Everything else is working just fine, except this one piece.

Here are some photos to show what I mean. 

Any advice?

Thanks so much

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.10.46 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.10.54 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.11.08 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.17.02 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Maegan Burleigh 

A variable that is created within a branch will not be accessible outside of that branch. You need to add a Create Variable action with the same variable name before the For Linked Issues step. Keep the same action in the For branch to reset the value of the variable.

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 3.09.31 PM.png

Maegan Burleigh May 11, 2023

Ahhh thanks for this, @Trudy Claspill

Have a great day!

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
0 votes
Maegan Burleigh May 10, 2023

Photos didn't show up for whatever reason so I added them here but then they showed up so I removed them! Disregard this comment!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events