Unable to find SLA option in project

k_jibin_m February 3, 2020

I am project lead for one Jira Project but still unable to find the SLA option anywhere.

3 answers

0 votes
Cony Sanz June 4, 2022

This is more of a questions than an answer. Is this still the same as of 2022? If I'm using Jira Software project, I can't use SLAs? Thanks!  

0 votes
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

SLAs can be managed by Project Admins or Jira admins.  If you are a project lead, but not a project admin then you cannot manage SLAs.

Learn more: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/setting-up-slas-939926373.html

I am the project admin. :(

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

SLAs apply to Jira Service Desk not Jira Software or Core. Are you working w/ JSD project? What do you see under Project settings?

issue types

component

version

work flow etc.

screen 

roles

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2020

So it appears that you are on a Jira Software project not a JSD project. SLAs do not apply to JSW projects w/o some addon to offer such a solution.

Suggest an answer