Unable to create bug issue

Vijay Racherla December 3, 2021

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

I have checked all the postfunction ,it see all are okay but unable to create the issue

3 answers

1 vote
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

@Vijay Racherla  , do check the logs as Nic mentioned and the validators and postfunctions as Fernando highlighted.  

Just sharing my experience on why i have seen this exact error in my env.. When an admin plugin like scriptrunner, jmwe, jsu etc's license expires :(  

You could find more info in the logs.. If not, i would advice you to try removing each validator , postfunctions separately in a copy of the bug workflow and see what triggers this error..

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2021

@Vijay Racherla 

You can validate the following:

If in the field configuration there is any mandatory field that is not present on screen >>> Remove its requirement or add it on screen;

Validate if the flow of this issuetype does not have any "Validator" preventing the creation of the issue;

Check if there are no default or custom values for creating the issue and that they are not being followed.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2021

You will need to look at the log files to see where the errors are.

Should be in <jira data>/logs/atlassian-jira.log

Suggest an answer