Un-block other projects

Matthis Thorade April 23, 2021

In our company, we have three projects, let's assume they are named OCT, TML and AFP. I work in the TML project, and would like to do two things:

• find a list of all stories where TML is blocking the OCT or AFP project
  • find a list of all stories where TML is blocked by OCT or AFP project

Using JQL, I can easily use the following queries:

project = "TML" AND issueLinkType = blocks

project = "TML" AND issueLinkType = "is blocked by"

but then the majority of stories in the list is of type TML blocks TML, or TML blocked by TML. 

How can I filter out the issues/stories where we are blocking or are blocked by a DIFFERENT project only??

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Matthis Thorade ,

This kind of filtering is not possible in jira as of now. Instead these are some plugin which will help you achieve this 

Hope this helps.

Here's a link to similar ticket : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Query-to-find-jira-issues-in-one-project-that-are-linked-to/qaq-p/1332315 

Regards,

Kevin.

Matthis Thorade April 23, 2021

Thanks. This is a pity, I cannot buy any apps/extensions. This seems quite basic functionality to me. 

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

I'm not certain if this would be what you're looking for but I would try it like below

issueLinkType in (blocks, "is blocked by") AND NOT (project = TML AND issueLinkType in (blocks, "is blocked by"))
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

@Prince Nyeche I guess this will list all the linked issues in other projects, not the issues in the specific project which has only linked issues with other projects.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

Hmm, I thought as much. 

Like Kevin Johnson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events