URL Creation of Multiple Line Description is not working

Leo Nishanth Anthony April 24, 2023

I am using URL based JIRA creation and i have an use case where i want to have description created as follows 

Kindly fill the below section. If a question is irrelevant, leave it blank or write N/A

What is the business functionality required?

How this will help?

Acceptance Criteria

in the URL created i am using

&description=Kindly+break-down+the+Epic+in+tangible+deliverables+and+fill+out/describe+below+points:+*1.What+is+the+business+functionality/activity+required?*+*2.+How+this+will+help?*+*3.+Acceptance+Criteria

The problem is this appears as following in jira, how to use the next line while creating URL 

Kindly break-down the Epic in tangible deliverables and fill out/describe below points: 1.What is the business functionality/activity required? 2. How this will help? 3. Acceptance Criteria

Note: I am following the logic from this documentation - How to create issues using direct HTML links in Jira Server | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Leo Nishanth Anthony you could try ASCII control characters to insert a line feed.  %0A

Have a look at this page here.

Leo Nishanth Anthony April 25, 2023

@Craig Nodwell fantastic, tested it seems to be working. I will test in detail and update it.. thanks again :) 

Like Craig Nodwell likes this

Suggest an answer