UIpdate issue and status in different projects

Flavia Oliveira March 8, 2021

Hello there!

We work with JIRA Software Cloud and we have two different projects and we'd like to create an issue in one project when the issue is transitioned to a specif status in other project, according to the Epic, since not all issues in the original project will be duplicated in the other.

Ex.:

Issue X in project DL moves to In development status, so the same issue is duplicated in CHA project.

Than, in CHA project the issue moves to DONE, so in DL project also moves to done.

I tried to do it by automation but  I wasn't able to find how to consider the Epic Link in the auomation.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Flavia - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the rule that you have so far? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Flavia Oliveira 

In addition to posting an image of your rule, would you please describe the problem you are trying to solve with duplicate issues in two different Jira projects?  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
Flavia Oliveira March 8, 2021

Hi guys! 

I don't have a good image of the automation, but basically what I need is when one issue in one project moves to a specific status from Design System epic, the issue must be duplicated in other project.

The conditionals for this to happen is when the issue is moved to "ready for refinament" status and the epic link is Design System in CSL project kanban board, the issue duplicates in CHAP project.

I haven't been able to find a solution that links the epic as a conditional to create the automationautomation jira.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

What if you added a Condition after the initial trigger and before the Action where the Condition is an Issue Fields condition and you check that the Epic Link field is equal to the Epic you describe. 

Flavia Oliveira March 9, 2021

Hi John! I tried this  but JIRA doesn't give the option of Epic Link field, just Epic name and as this is a Task or US it doesn't work

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

Try using the Condition for Advanced Compare. In the top value use: 

{{issue.epiclink}}

then your value in the bottom field. 

If that doesn't work, try using {{issue.Epic Link}}

I've tried that in both ways and it doesn't work =(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

Do you get errors? What does the audit log say when you run it?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Flavia Oliveira 

Is this a Classic or Next-Gen project?

Both classic

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2021

Thanks, @Flavia Oliveira   Well, that rules out Next-Gen issues with the different epic management mechanism.

Would you please use the Log action to write the {{issue.epic link}} to the audit log?  That will confirm the issue contains what you expect before trying to test it with the advanced compare.

Flavia Oliveira March 11, 2021

Hi Bill! I am not sure I understood your suggestion, but here it is a few images that might help us.

Slide1.PNGSlide2.PNG

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2021

Hi @Flavia Oliveira 

I was suggesting that after the Trigger, you could add a Log Action to record the value of {{issue.epic link}} to the audit log.  Then when the rule runs you may check if the triggered issue has the epic you expect.

Please look here for information on the Log action:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automation-actions/#Automationactions-Logaction

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2021

Also, can you click on the Log de auditoria and send a screen shot of the details for latest one that failed? 

Flavia Oliveira March 12, 2021

The screen shot is above in the first image

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2021

No, that is not the Audit log  - you need to click on that link

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events