Two dimensional filter statistics: cannot select "summary" as an axis

Ingo Hatalla August 23, 2011

The title pretty much says it all.

When creating a two dimensional filter statistic the "summary" field is not selectable for an axis. According to the documentation http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Adding+the+Two-Dimensional+Filter+Statistics+Gadget every issue field should be selectable.

Any ideas how to select summary as an axis ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

Hi Ingo,

A text field like Summary won't be visible on the 2d statistics gadget. It has to a field with a discrete number of values like a select list. Otherwise it would have an entry for every single issue in the filter. The gadget is more about understanding the shape & structure of the data

Ingo Hatalla August 23, 2011

Not exactly what I wanted to hear ;-)

But that answers my question.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

I know, with Jira the answer is not what you want to hear! One thought though, depending what you are trying to do, could you use a Show Saved Filter results and pick the Summary and the other fields you are trying to show? You could maybe order the filter so that results are ordered by this other field (e.g. priority, component). It won't add results up but it will give you a view of where each issue lies in the data.

Suggest an answer